1.Nature of the competition:
This is a project where primary schoolchildren and their families as well as staff members of schools participating in the 2019 campaign earn kilometres when they use active transportation in their routine. They must register on the www.defiactivetespieds.ca website and register the kilometres travelled during the four weeks of the campaign. Participation in the On Your Feet Challenge includes prizes to be won.
2. On Your Feet Challenge period:
The On Your Feet Challenge is organized by the Canadian Cancer Society in collaboration with Québec en forme. Registration starts in September 2018 and participants can accumulate the kilometres travelled between October 7, 2019, at 0:00 a.m. and October 25, 2019, at 11.59 p.m. They have until Friday, October 25, 2019, before 11.59 p.m. to register the kilometres travelled during this period.
The On Your Feet Challenge is for the students from participating schools and their families (parents, brothers and sisters, kids, partner, grandparents).
4. How to participate?
- Visit the onyourfeetchallenge.ca website.
- Fill out the registration form and register at least one active transportation trip between October 7, 2019 and October 25, 2019.
- A participant who has made at least one active transportation trip and registered it on the On Your Active Challenge platform is eligible to participate in this campaign. The Canadian Cancer Society reserves the right to check the identity of the participant as a schoolchild or staff member of participating schools. If the winner does not fulfil the contest criteria, another name is drawn. Prizes are drawn in the order mentioned in item 5.
- One family can only create a single account on the Web platform.
5.1 Prizes for schools
- A $500 cheque to buy sports items
- A $250 cheque to buy sports items
5.2 Prizes for families
- Four (4) $100 Sports Experts gift cards
- Four (4) $150 gift cards to visit any SEPAQ establishment
- One passe for 4 people allowing admittance to the permanent exhibition
- One ski tickets for the next season at one of our 6 ski resorts in les Sommets
- A visit to the Zoo sauvage de Saint-Félicien for two adults and two children
- Two pass for four people for a day of outdoor fun at Village Aventuria
- Two passes admitting four person to the La forêt de Maître Corbeau aerial trail park
- Four double passes le Taz-Montréal
- Two pass for four to the indoor Centre d’amusement Funtropolis
- Three initiation surf package including a 15-minute theory class, 30 minutes of surfing
- A pass for four at the Winter Playground of Valcartier Vacation Village
6. General conditions:
6.1. The names of winners will be revealed on October 31, 2019 at 1:30 p.m. in a draw which will be held in the Canadian Cancer Society office at 5151 De l’Assomption Boulevard in Montreal.
6.2. Prizewinners will be informed by email or phone about their respective prizes, which will be mailed to their schools. The schools will be responsible for handing prizes to respective winners.
6.3. By participating in the On Your Feet Challenge, each winner grants the organizers permission to publish his or her name in various media without any compensation in return.
6.4. Prizes will have to be accepted as described below and cannot, under any circumstances, be substituted for another prize or exchanged for cash.
6.5. The Canadian Cancer Society team is in no way responsible for any problem related to prizes and will provide no guarantee in relation to them.
6.6. The Canadian Cancer Society will not be held responsible for the breakdown of the website during the contest period; problems or technical defects of a network or telephone lines, online computer systems, servers, Internet service providers, computer equipment or software; and the inability to receive registrations or other information related to the contest for whatever reason, including but not limited to, technical problems, network or website congestion or any combination of these problems. It will also not be held responsible for any injury or damage to the computer or device belonging to the participant or anyone else related or the download of any contest material or its consequences.
6.7. All electronic addresses must have a corresponding valid email account which can be identified by a reverse search of the domain name. Automated and/or repeated registrations (including, without being limited to, registrations through any script, macro, bot or contest service) will be rejected and messages from these addresses or related electronic or IP addresses may be blocked. When a registration is found (by the contest sponsor at its exclusive discretion) to be duplicated, only the first registration will be deemed valid if it respects the rules (as determined by the contest sponsor at its exclusive discretion).
6.8. If, because of a printing, production, online, Internet, computer or other error, whatever the nature, the number of coupons and/or the prizes claimed are greater than what was intended for distribution or award according to the rules, in addition to suspending the contest, the contest sponsor reserves the right to cancel claims for coupons or invalid prizes and conduct a draw among those entitled and eligible to determine the correct number of coupons and/or prizes (if applicable). Sponsors will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for awarding a higher number of prizes than announced (no matter what prize level) under the current rules.
6.9. By registering for this contest or claiming to participate in it, each participant agrees to release and discharge releasees from responsibility for any loss or damage, whatever the nature, due to the contest or participation in any activity related to it – including, but not limited to, participation in any activity related to the contest, or if the participant is confirmed as the winner, the use or abuse of the applicable prize – which the winner or anyone else will be subjected to, including, but not limited to, any violation to the person, death or damage to property.
6.10. In case of a dispute about the identity of the person who has registered, the contest sponsor reserves the right, at its exclusive and absolute discretion, to assign the registration to the authorized holder of the electronic address submitted during registration. “Authorized holder” is defined as the person to whom the electronic address was assigned by an Internet service provider, an online service provider or any other organization (for example, school, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain name associated with the address submitted.
6.11. Contest rules are available in the Canadian Cancer Society office located at 5151 De l’Assomption Boulevard in Montreal or on the defiactivetespieds.ca website.